Senior Manager, International Events & Insight
Moorgate, Central London, UK
SOC Code: 2429
Salary: £38,000-44,000 p.a.
London-based boutique research company, Media Insight Consulting, seeks a highly-skilled and motivated individual to join their team in a senior manager position covering day-to-day insight roles, in addition to coordinating the FastForward branch of the business, overseeing the annual international event series including the flagship two-day conference in Amsterdam.
The job, based in Moorgate, requires a split focus across entertainment industry-centric data analysis and consulting, and international event management, in a tight-knit, fast-paced business team.The successful candidate will have a diverse skill set, and
The successful candidate will have a diverse skill set, and a strong understanding of the economics of multiple entertainment industries (music and gaming as a priority), with prior experience in both insight and events fields on an international level, outstanding interpersonal skills and clearly demonstrated leadership potential.
This role reports directly to the CEO.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day internal operation of the business, coordinating with the CEO and other insight team members, and liaising with clients directly;
- Be responsible for managing both events-related projects, coordinating within the team to help deliver to both internal and external deadlines;
- Develop the programmes for a series of internally managed international conferences, seminars, social events, and will also take full responsibility for all operations, content research, design, and client/supplier/sponsor relationship management for each of these events;
- Be responsible for setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on all event projects, ensuring team members collaborate and communicate to achieve this;
- Act as a manager between the CEO and the relevant event staff/stakeholder for each event;
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with service providers, internal team members, event-related organisers, speakers, sponsors, and volunteer staff;
- You will create and monitor comprehensive and readable financial reports detailing event income and expenditure, ensuring efficient use of resources;
- Ensure budgets are achieved, and event requirements and expectations met;
- Collaborate with other team members and clients to provide a ‘joined up’ insights and analytics response to briefs;
- Run projects which deliver useable and insightful findings to the client’s business (from fully interrogated briefs to purposed and digestible outputs) employing different methodologies;
- Construct and design reports, infographics, and presentations for internal business, external client, and public-facing purposes;
- Provide analysis, interpretation and reporting of audience insight assets (existing and ad-hoc);
- Create consumer research from scratch, delivering unsupervised at every stage from the very first meeting, to scripting, testing, soft launch, full launch, data cleaning, analysis, written report and verbal presentation.
Skills & Experience Required
You must have:
- Exceptional experience of successful working in a professional events environment;
- Proven experience of delivering multiple international media events simultaneously
- Experience of line-managing teams of multiple people simultaneously (international experience preferred);
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, WordPress, event management platforms (Eventbrite, Universe), databases, online content and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, specifically);
- Intermediate-Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, or comparable design software;
- Experience of multi-event budget management, setting targets and delivering to those set targets;
- Excellent skills at managing supplier relationships, across international territories;
- Proven track record of managing speakers and their respective travel, accommodation and additional requirements
- Experience managing sponsorship negotiations, sponsor relationships and sponsor expectations
- Previous experience of working in insight within a music or media company;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Tableau software;
- A strong numerical background;
- A strong critical thinking approach;
- Experience with constructing, conducting, and analysing consumer insight surveys;
- Experience with analysing big data sets (greater than 1bn rows) and providing actionable, relevant internal business- and client-facing insight; [evidence will be requested]
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in each of the events and insight fields, including experience of working internationally in both fields
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge in music business, gaming, and new technology industries;
- Demonstrable macro- and micro-economic understanding of these respective industries and/or relevant international multi-territory knowledge (specifically United Kingdom, Europe, and Asia-Pacific);
- Hold a Masters’ degree or higher in a music business discipline;
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, with acute attention to detail;
- Strong written skills, including varied writing styles suitable for reports, editorials, and blogs;
- High-functioning project managerial skills, across both sectors of the business simultaneously;
- Must be effective working in a small team, self-motivated, and confident with proven experience working with high levels of autonomy;
- Experienced and skilled public speaker, capable of preparing and giving presentations or lectures;
The successful applicant will need to be available to start this role on 2 October 2017.
To apply send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com, by no later than Thursday, 31 August 2017.